Re: rectangle instead of a square

Hi Patrick,

> I want to display an image using DisplayJ2D and Integer2DSet. The image is
> represented by the simple function ((rows,columns) --> whereby the X- and
> the Y-Axis have the same range.
>
> It works fine on the NT machine with a 17" display. But on my working
> place (Solaris, 21" monitor) the image (and the pixel)  will be displayed
> as a rectangle and not as a square. I've tested  the 'setRange' and the
> 'setAspect' method but nothing changes.
>
> Maybe this problem has to do with the screen resolution,but I'm not sure.

I did see a problem like this once, on an NT machine with
two screens, where it looked like OpenGL just stretched
everything twice as wide to fill the two screens.  But
DisplayImplJ2D doesn't use OpenGL.

However, if each pixel is non-square, the the root of the
problem at some low level below VisAD.  Perhaps someone on
the list knows about such things.