Re: Creating Overlays

Hi Say,

> The data is actually rendered in the REVERSE order of passing
> to DisplayImpl.addReference() or DisplayImpl.addReferences().

I don't think so.  For example, in visad/examples/Test61.java
the addReference() for the opaque 2-D texture is called before
the addReference() for the transparent 3-D grid, so that the
2-D texture will be rendered first and hence visible.  If the
3-D grid were rendered first, it would set Z buffer values
less than those of the 2-D texture, and the pixels of the 2-D
texture would not be rendered.

> Is there anyway of ensuring Text stays on top of lines and
> points?

This should be possible by passing:

  ConstantMap(0.1, Display.ZAxis)

with the call to addReference() for your Text, to make sure the
Text is slightly in front of lines and points.