Event for point

Hello Bill and Others.

I want to know if there is some way to make a point to generate an
event, similar to the one that is performed when I add a reference to a
diaplay using

    display.addReferences(new
DirectManipulationRendererJ2D(),ref_direct_tuple);

I don't want that the point I added to the display moves when I click on
it, only that send me the name of the object.

What I need to do is to put over a map of data a group of points that
represent meteorologic stations and when I click on one of the points
the program give me the data of the station (point object) and the data
of the map in that point.

How do I make this?

Thanks to all

Ricardo Mantilla