Re: Access to Coordinates

Hi Vimal,

>     I noticed that when I click both mouse buttons at the same time I am able
> to view the coordinates of the location my pointer is on at the
> top left corner of the window.  I was wondering whether this information (the
> coordinates) is available to programmer's wanting to utilize
> this information in their own programs or whether it is encapsulated and
> hidden away.  In other words is there a method that returns the
> coordinates and if so, which method does this?

Yes, VisAD is designed for a three button mouse, but
interprets pressing any two buttons as the other (third)
button in order to accomodate a two-button mouse.

Say is right about calling visad/DisplayRenderer.getCursorStringVector()
to get the strings from the top-left corner of the screen.
You can see an example of how it is called in
visad/java3d/DisplayRendererJ3D.drawCursorStringVector().