VRML output

just an idea that came to me on this morning's ride...and i see from the
visad-list archives that i'm by far the first to have it.

it's awkward -- now -- to publish VisAD visualizations via the Web,
right?  the user has to have to have a 1.2-capable browser or a plug-in,
with Java 3D installed, you have to do some kind of fast shuffle around
RMI connectivity and security.

but if your 3D visualization were saved out as a VRML file, users could
at least view it in space and time, with a simple plug-in that many
people already have.

has anyone on the list successfully gotten this working?  if not, i'm
going to give it a whack once i've gotten my current project afloat.

rw