VisAD demo programs for beginners

I am creating a short library of contributed VisAD demos to extend the tutorial.

The intended audience is VisAD beginners who might like to dive right into
a program that makes a VisAD display similar to what they want to do.

The special feature is the programs are heavily commented to explain
every VisAD feature, in a way that a beginner can understand without
reading the other documentation (I hope!). These examples are not
intended to compete with the VisAD examples in the distribution, or
with the tutuorial. They are seen as yet another way to demonstrate VisAD.
The description is in the code.

So far I have 5 examples.  The first two are based on examples from Ugo
Taddei's
Tutorial with extra comments.

Send in any cool displays you want to share, embedded in a simple
working program of not more than a few pages of code.  Remember they should
have, at most, a few features, and be suitable for beginners.

I am a VisAD beginner myself and welcome suggestions & corrections.

Stu Wier

VisAD Demos:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/wier/VisAD_demos.html

--
Stuart Wier                           UCAR Unidata Program Center
wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                        P.O. Box 3000