Persnickety comment about visad tutorial

I just have one little comment about the visad tutorial, which overall
is very clear and useful. In Section 3.1 "Using a Integer2DSet" it is
stated that:
<quote>
We assume we have some NROWS x NCOLS pixel values. The important thing
to observe is that the pixel samples are in raster order, with component
values for the first
dimension changing fastest than those for the second dimension.

That is, suppose we have an array of 6 values per row times 5 per
column, like

       pixel_vals = {{0, 6, 12, 18, 24},
                     {1, 7, 12, 19, 25},
                     {2, 8, 14, 20, 26},
                     {3, 9, 15, 21, 27},
                     {4, 10, 16, 22, 28},
                     {5, 11, 17, 23, 29}  };

then these values should be ordered as the values indicate.
</quote>

This is obviously a contradiction. The example shown is in column
major(FORTRAN) order, while _raster_ order is row major(C/C++, Java,
PERL, ...) order by definition.

Kevin Fitch
UMCP Dept of Meteorology WebMaster

ps
if im not being annoying enough :) shouldn't the section title be "Using
an Integer2Set" ?