Unable to run Very Simple Application Example

Dear Sirs:

I am having trouble running the Very Simple Application Example on a PC.

After calling plain.open to read the data I receive the following error
message:

Couldn't decode attribute y:units="promiscuous": Unit not in database
Couldn't decode attribute x:units="promiscuous": Unit not in database

Then after calling DataUtility.makeSimpleDisplay I receive the following
fatal error:

    at visad.util.DataUtility.makeSimpleDisplay(DataUtility.java,
Compiled Code)
    at VerySimple.main(VerySimple.java:26)

I think it has something to do with the input data - images.nc.  I
thought it had something to do with the PC uncompressing the file, then
I had folks uncompress it on a Linux machine and I got the same error.
Do you have other data I could try the Very Simple Application Example
on ?

Help !!!
Lisa Luttrell