Re: FloatSet(MathType type)

Bill, et al.,

>FloatSets are inappropriate as Field domains since FloatSet
>has nearly 2**32 members (all legal 32-bit floating point bit
>patterns).  They are only really used as range sets of FlatFields,
>where they always have domain dimension = 1.  Thus the MathType
>passed to FloatSet is (always in practice) the RealType of a
>FlatField range component.  In fact, you don't even have to do
>that, since FloatSet is the default range set for FlatField
>range components, so FlatField constructs them implicitly.
>
>Bottom line, you rarely have to do anything with FloatSets.
>For example, 'grep FloatSet *.java' in the visad/examples
>directory doesn't find any matches.

I tried the way as you said. It did not work.
Assume I want to create a flatfield to hold my n-dimension
double dataset. Could you write some example code to do that ?
I believe it is just a few lines of code.

>Well, we'd really love to add your HDF5 file adapter code
>to the VisAD source distribution, and make a link to it a
>permanent part of DefaultFamily.

I'd love to do so too but It is not quite ready yet.

Thanks,

Peter Xiangchi Cao
Tel. (217) 244-3830
Fax. (217) 244-1987