newbie: on Jikes

Hi,

is any of you guys using Jikes to compile Code?

My problem is as follows:

I run
jikes -classpath .:/opt1/java/Visad/visad.jar

and it says to me
Found 2 system errors:

*** Error: Could not find package named:
                ./java/util or
                /opt1/java/Visad/visad.jar(java/util)

*** Error: Could not find package named:
                ./java/lang or
                /opt1/java/Visad/visad.jar(java/lang)

I have in .bashrc
CLASSPATH=.:/opt1/java/Visad/visad.jar
export CLASSPATH

and did the same for JIKESPATH, but I keep on getting the error message.

Where's the catch? Or what am I doing wrong?

Sorry that this message doesn't really (directly) concern VisAD...:-(
Thanks,

Ugo