Re: VisAD disk requirements

Hi Mel,

Doug's answer is a good minimum for VisAD.  Even if you
explicitly compile from source the results will still be
small compared to modern disks and data files.

The Vis5D executables (which you can download) are about
2 MB, plus another 5 MB for the optional earth topography
and a couple 100 KB for map outline files.  Vis5D data files
tend to be much larger.