Re: DirectManipulationRenderer

Hi Doug,

> I'm doing a sliding horizontal slice of 3D model data (akin to Vis5D). I
> created a movable point (as in Test35) to move in the z-direction and
> interpolate a 2D slice and display it as a contour. It works
> surprisingly well with one minor problem: The point insists on being in
> the middle of the xy-plane. I'd like it to be along the z-axis (i.e.
> x=0, y=0). I tried a RealTuple for the point which allowed me to put it
> where I wanted it but it has the side effect of letting me drag the
> point all over when I only want to be able to drag it along z. Any
> ideas?

Do just as you are doing, except add an array of
ConstantMaps to XAxis and YAxis to your call to
DisplayImpl.addReferences() (rather than 'null' as in
Test35).  Test27 has an example with ConstantMaps to
Red, Green and Blue.

visad/paoloa/Nasti.java uses an array of ConstantMaps to
YAxis, Red, Green, Blue and PointSize, for "red_cursor_ref".

visad/rabin/Rain.java displays "ref_cursor" using
direct manipulation and a RealTuple component with a
ScalarMap to Display.Shape, in order to create a
manipulable cross hair cursor.