Re: [Fwd: newbie question - mutiple scales]

> > Actually, that brings up another question I have: What is the difference
> > between mapping to XAxis and XAxisOffset?
>
> I defer to the experts. Bill et al.?

XAxisOffset is intended for multiple RealTypes whose values
are added to determine an XAxis location.  When its time to
determine the location of a pixel in 3-D graphics coordinates,
only one RealType each can determine the values of XAxis,
YAxis and ZAxis (or other spatial coordinates such as
Display.Latitude).  However, there are some types of data
depictions, such as Beshers' and Feiner's "worlds within
worlds", that require spatial coordinates to be a linear
sum of multiple data values.  So XAxisOffset, YAxisOffset
and ZAxisOffset exist for those cases.

Glad to hear they are also useful as a way to select which
RealTypes have scales.