visad/SUSE 6.2/Jeevan/JavaWorkshop/Jikes

Hi,

I m a newbie on this list and I m reading only the E-Mails since a
while.
Now I will start to use VISAD and asking the following questions in hope
for an answer.Is somebody on the list using the same combination what I
plan.
First I will use JavaWorkshop to compile the Source under Linux (SUSE
6.1 later
if it works I will update to 6.2).I read also that somebody compiled the
Visad-source
with Jikes.Was this Jikes under Linux.And at least is there any
reference how to
use Visad from a database because I evalutate at the moment Jeevan a in
Java written
OO-Database.

Sincerely

Gottfried F. Zojer