Re: netCDF & SpreadSheet question; visualising a network structure

Armin,

In the above message, you wrote:

> my apologies if I miss the obvious, but how do I use the netCDF file
> format to save a datastructure like that:  I have a set of n nodes
> and for each node I have a list of ingoing edges and outgoing edges.
> The best way to think of it, is like the internet.  I have a set of
> routers and for every router a list of other routers connected to
> it. How do I save sth. like that easily in netCDF?

If the method visad.data.netcdf.Plain.save(String, Data) can't save the
VisAD data object and you MUST save it as a netCDF dataset, then you'll
have to write something that saves it as a netCDF dataset yourself.
Plain.save() isn't capable of saving all VisAD data objects as netCDF
datasets -- there are categories of data objects that trancend the
standard netCDF conventions implemented by Plain, and it sounds like
yours is one of them.

Note that VisAD comes with two packages that implement access to a
netCDF dataset: "ucar.multiarray" and "ucar.netcdf".  Though
potentially non-trivial, one could use these packages to save all data
objects that can possibly be represented in a netCDF dataset.

--------