Re: Do you have a sample java code on how to plot x,y?

Hi Henry,

> I am new to the VisAD. The package seems to have powerful features.
> Unfortunately, I have not had too much success in building a simple plot
> routine.If anyone has a simple plot routine to plot x,y ( measurement vs
> time...etc) I would really appreciate it.

See visad/examples/Test34.java.  It displays a data object
(a FlatField named histogram1) with MathType

  (ir_radiance -> count)

that is displayed according to the ScalarMaps:

  ir_radiance -> XAxis
  count -> YAxis
  count -> Green

The visad.paoloa.GoesCollaboration.java also has four simple
x, y plots in its display2.

> p.s. what is the difference between MathType and primative type ? Is
> this an abstraction of primative type?

A MathType may be a primitive type, or may be a composite type
built up from primitive types.  So in Test34.java, ir_radiance
and count are primitive types (in VisAD, they are called RealTypes
or TextTypes) and thus also MathTypes, and (ir_radiance -> count)
is a composite MathType but not a primitive type.