VisAD and Time-series data

Has anyone used the VisAd classes for displaying simple time-series data? If
so I'd appreciate a pointer to a simple example (and maybe a comment or two
on how to format the data for VisAD injest) . Just to be clear I'm looking
to plot say temp vs time etc for a group of stations. I also have gridded
data types so I know I can already make use of VisAd for that part of the
equation.

#2) In trying to run "VerySimple" I get the following error. I've got the
spreadsheet working fine (Implying VisAd Classes are located) , and I
believe all my CLASSPATH variables are set up ok. I'm running NT 4.0,java
version "1.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2-V, native threads)

D:\JavaCode\misc\VisAD\visad\examples>I like VisAD am not familiar with the
"promiscuous" Unit but would be willing to learn ;).

D:\JavaCode\misc\VisAD\visad\examples>java -ms64m VerySimple
Couldn't decode attribute y:units="promiscuous": Unit not in database
Couldn't decode attribute x:units="promiscuous": Unit not in database
        at visad.util.DataUtility.makeSimpleDisplay(Compiled Code)
        at VerySimple.main(VerySimple.java:24)

Thanks and sorry to be such a rookie...

Eric A. Kihn
NOAA/NGDC