Re: WCS Support in VisaAD?

Hi Jim,

The FITS file adapter for VisAD was written by David Glowacki
based on Thomas McGlynn's Java bindings for FITS, and Dave is
travelling right now, so I cannot answer with complete
confidence.  However, I don't believe that the VisAD FITS
adapter creates any VisAD CoordinateSystems, which would be
the proper way to adapt the WCS library for use with VisAD.

The good news is that VisAD's CoordinateSystems should provide
a natural structure for adapting WCS.  If you or someone else
wants to tackle the job, we will help.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738