Re: dimensionality

Steve Emmerson wrote:

> Support for dimensional analysis has never arisen in the context of
> UDUNITS.
>
> Right now, however, that unit package (and also visad.Unit) supports unit
> arithmetic, i.e. it correctly handles multiplication, division, and
> exponentiation of units.
>
> Wast there something more you had in mind?

Maybe.  If I have pressure (mb) and multiply it by wind speed (kts),
I'd like to get the result in joules/cm2...and also know that I'm
dealing with is "energy per unit area."

Are we on the same wavelength?

tom

--
Tom Whittaker                                          tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Space Science and Engineering Center      University of Wisconsin-Madison