light 'em if you've got 'em, but be prepared

Yesterday was Sun's planned release date for Java 3D, but
they announced it was pushed back to March 24.

Our plan is to get their release whenever it happens, to run
our tests on Solaris and NT, and then announce our release of
VisAD.  We were ready to go but now can relax a bit.

However, Sun's posting to the Java 3D mailing list said that
they might go early - the Java 3D guys are ready and just
waiting for JDK1.2beta3.  So we could get the go signal any
time.

The moral is, make sure that whatever you've got checked in
works at all times, because we might go any time.  That is,
its all right to tinker and improve, but please don't check
it in until it compiles and passes your run time tests as
well as what was previously checked in.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738