Re: Newbie Question

Hi KathyLee,

Great progress.

The default color map for a ScalarMap to Display.RGB is a grey
scale.  But if you construct a new LabeledRGBWidget(ScalarMap),
then you will get a color spectrum (you can also explicitly set
the color map in the ColorControl returned by
ScalarMap.getControl()).  Note that mapping to IsoContour will
produce contour lines rather than a color image.

For your NullPointerException, would you please run under jdb
and then send me the NullPointerException message including the
stack trace with line numbers.

Your grey-scale image should be continuous.  The fact that it
is many dots (i.e., 'point mode') indicates that the data
may contain missing data.  I'll take a look, so please send
your data file to our anonymous ftp:

  ftp demedici.ssec.wisc.edu
  login: anonymous
  password: simunich@xxxxxxxxxxx
  ftp> bin
  ftp> cd pub/incoming
  ftp> put data_file_name
  ftp> put WXView.java
  ftp> quit

then send me an email telling me the name of the data file.  Also
please send me the latest version of WXView.java.  Thanks.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document