Re: Additions to FormNode(?)

A brief correction followed an olive branch:

Tom pointed out that my last message said:

        By "user interface", I hope you don't mean core VisAD user-interface
        helper classes, not user-developed code.

and, of course, I really meant:

        By "user interface", I hope you mean core VisAD user-interface
        helper classes, not user-developed code.

As quick summary, I want to add three methods to all the file types:

        public boolean isThisType(String name)
        public boolean isThisType(byte[] block)
        public String[] getDefaultSuffixes()

Would it be more palatable to you if we created a new FileType interface
which specified those methods?  That'd let us get quick lookup functions
into the file type classes but still keep them logically separate from
the FormNode class.