Re: VisAD (swing package names)

Hi KathyLee,

Sorry for your problems, but thanks for raising this issue.

The JDK 1.2 FCS is now available (renamed Java 2 this morning)
and we want VisAD to be compatible with this 'final' release
of JDK 1.2.  However, Sun changed the names of all the swing
packages between JDK 1.2 beta 4 and JDK 1.2 RC1, so we had to
change the names in our imports (note this is the second time
Sun changed the names of the swing packages - if we didn't
love Java so much we might be annoyed).

Thus, to run VisAD you'll need to install JDK 1.2 from:

  http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/

Please let us know if you have any more problems or questions.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document