Re: custom shape.

Hi Eugene,

On reconsideration, I'll take a crack at implementing Display.Shape
within the next couple weeks.  You can build shapes as any
subclass of VisADGeometryArray, which includes VisADPointArray,
VisADLineArray, VisADLineStripArray, VisADTriangleArray,
VisADIndexedTriangleStripArray and VisADQuadArray.  These work
like their counterparts in Java3D (just strip 'VisAD' off the
name).  So you could build boxes as VisADQuadArrays with six
quads for six faces.  I'll let the list know if and when I
get Display.Shape working before I leave.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document