Re: Problems in windows 95

Seth,

If you are using JDK 1.2beta4 and Java3D 1.1beta1, make sure you installed
Java3D to your 1.2beta4's jre subdirectory.  Also, make sure you have
OpenGL 1.1 installed on your machine.  Windows 95 OSR1 does not come with
OpenGL 1.1.  You can get the latest OpenGL for Windows 95 at:
    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/OPENGL95.EXE

-Curtis

--
Curtis Rueden <curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, (608) 262-7288
VisAD home page:  http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~billh/visad.html

>Hi, I've compiled and run the Simple.java application on Windows 95, and
>met with limited success.  I was wondering if anyone has gotten this error
>message and knows what the problem is:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no J3D in
> java.library.path
>       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
>       at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:384)
>       at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:620)
>       at javax.media.j3d.UniverseManager$1.run(UniverseManager.java:130)
>   at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)