Re: Java3D installed correctly?

Bob,

The 'no J3D in java.library.path' message could mean that you do
not have OpenGL installed, or have the proper version of OpenGL
installed.

The 'pkginfo' command will tell you whether you have OpenGL
installed - you could do 'pkginfo | grep OpenGL'.  The
'what /usr/openwin/lib/libGL.so.1' command will tell you
what version of OpenGL you have installed.  OpenGL 1.1.1 and
its patches are freely available from:

  http://www.sun.com/solaris/opengl/

The Java3D installation notes specify these requirements:

  For Solaris (OpenGL version):
            Sparc system with a frame buffer that supports OpenGL
            (e.g. Elite3D, Creator3D, Creator, TGX, GX, SX, ZX)
            Solaris 2.5.1 or later
            JDK 1.2 Beta 4
            OpenGL 1.1.1 for Solaris or later
            NOTE: Solaris users running OpenGL 1.1.1 must install
            OpenGL patch 106022-03 (or later)

Note also that Java3D and OpenGL require certain graphics
hardware (Elite3D, Creator3D, Creator, TGX, GX, SX or ZX).

I'm sorry to say that I don't know if there is a command on
Solaris to list what graphics hardware is installed - perhaps
someone on the list knows (on SGI, its the 'hinv' command).

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document