Re: Java3D installed correctly?

Bob,

I just upgraded to a Solaris 2.6 Ultra 10 and am getting the same
font messages despite having the proper font.properties.
Jeannette Hung says that at least in my case its because my
machine does not have the SUNWi1of package installed (I think
this means I don't have TrueType fonts).

The 'no J3D in java.library.path' message probably means that
Java3D is not installed in the correct directory, relative to
your jdk1.2beta4, assuming that your CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
are as you described yesterday.  You need to install Java3D as
follows:

  cd $installdir/jdk1.2beta4/jre
  chmod +x $downloaddir/java3d11-beta1-solaris.bin
  $downloaddir/java3d11-beta1-solaris.bin

where $installdir and $downloaddir are the parent directory of
jdk1.2beta4 and the directory where you downloaded
java3d11-beta1-solaris.bin.  Good luck, and let me know if
you continue to have problems.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document