Re: Saving VisAD Data objects

Dave,

In the above message, you wrote:

> > My solution was to define an object that knows how to access the VisAD
> > data at each level and then to link them together from the innermost
> > level to the outermost level.  See visad.data.netcdf.*Accessor.  Once
> > I've reach a leaf node of the VisAD data object, I then define a netCDF
> > variable that uses the chain of DataAccessors to access the data values.
>
> This won't necessarily work for me; FITS objects can't really be that
> complicated.

Who's to say that the VisAD data object that's handed to the FITS
"backend" is really a FITS object?  It could have come, for example,
from importing a netCDF dataset.  In designing the netCDF export
capability, I tried to get away from assuming that the structure of the
VisAD data object that was being exported was going to be the same as
the structure the netCDF backend created on import.

Just a thought.

--------