VisAD switched over to JDK 1.2 beta 4

We switched VisAD over to JDK 1.2 beta 4 because it seems to
work with the current Java3D alpha 3, despite Sun's warnings
that it would not (and Sun announced yesterday that Java3D
beta 1 will be released in the next day or so).

There were lots of name changes from JDK 1.2 beta 3 to
JDK 1.2 beta 4, so the current VisAD will not work with
JDK 1.2 beta 3.  However, we left the last JDK 1.2 beta 3
compatible VisAD source on our server - see the Prerequisites
section of the VisAD web page for a link to it.

Since the switch VisAD applications all produce a bunch of
'Font specified in font.properties not found ...' messages.
I've asked for advice about how to get rid of these messages.

Also note that a JIT compiler is standard with JDK 1.2 beta 4,
so you won't get line numbers on Exception stack dumps.  If you
get an Exception running VisAD and want to send us the stack
dump, please re-run with jdb which will give line numbers in
stack dumps.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document