Re: Java 3D Alpha-3

Oops, I spoke too soon about the problems with Java 3D Alpha03.
I have seen these problems too in certain DisplayTest cases.
We are running OpenGL 1.1 with Creator3D, so the recommended
patch 106022-02 is not appropriate (it is only for OpenGL 1.1.1 -
in fact I tried installing patch 106022-02 and it wouldn't let
me).  Since I satisfy the requirements for Alpha03 and still
see errors, I believe you have found a bug in Alpha03 and I will
inform Sun.  Meanwhile, I recommend not upgrading to Alpha03 if
you are running VisAD.  I have not tried Alpha02, but am still
using Alpha01.

Also, GraphicsModeControl.setProjectionPolicy now displays
correctly with javax.media.j3d.View.PARALLEL_PROJECTION, but
direct manipulation is not working correctly in that mode.
I'll let you know when I've got that fixed.

whibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  608-263-4427  fax: 608-263-6738

"kill cross-platform Java by growing the polluted Java market"
   - from an internal Microsoft planning document