Re: [thredds] WMS and uncorrect bounding box

  • To: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] WMS and uncorrect bounding box
  • From: David Neufeld - NOAA Affiliate <david.neufeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:11:06 -0600
Looked at one of the datasets and it is described as a GRID, but has
different array sizes for lat/lon, don't know if that is throwing off the
netcdf api or ncwms?

    Float32 latitude[latitude = 47];
    Float32 longitude[longitude = 115];

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Francesco!
>
> My guess is there is something going on in the ncWMS code - do you have a
> github account? If so, would you mind posting this information to our issue
> tracker?
>
> https://github.com/Unidata/ncWMS/issues
>
> If you don't have an account, may I post this to the issue tracker?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sean
>

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Francesco Palermo <
> francesco.palermo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> this the url: http://cmems-bs-mfc.eu/thredds/BS-BIO-REAN-WM.test.html
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Francesco
>>

>> On 14/09/16 18:26, Sean Arms wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have a link to the catalog for the dataset?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Sean
>>>

>>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Francesco Palermo
>>> <francesco.palermo@xxxxxxx <mailto:francesco.palermo@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi all,
>>>
>>>     I'm facing a problem with WMS. Thredds can't get the right bouding
>>>     box on some netcdf files and I can't understand why.
>>>
>>>     The WMS GetCapabilities xml gives:
>>>
>>>     <BoundingBox CRS="CRS:84" minx="27.406999588012695"
>>>     maxx="42.797000885009766" miny="-90.0" maxy="90.0"/>
>>>
>>>     Instead of:
>>>
>>>     27.40 - 42.79
>>>     40.84 - 47.05
>>>
>>>     Is it an issue related to the catalog/dataset definitions or does it
>>>     depend on the netcdf data?
>>>
>>>     Thanks in advance,
>>>     Francesco
>>>
>>>     --
>>>     Francesco Palermo
>>>     OPA - Ocean Predictions and Applications Division
>>>     CMCC - Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
>>>     address: Via Augusto Imperatore 16, 73100 Lecce, Italy
>>>     phone: +39-0832-671047 <tel:%2B39-0832-671047> - web:
>>> http://www.cmcc.it
>>>     email: francesco.palermo@xxxxxxx <mailto:francesco.palermo@xxxxxxx>

>>>     For list information or to unsubscribe,  visit:
>>>     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/
>>>     <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/>

David Neufeld
Senior Associate Scientist
CIRES
Software Engineering Support Branch
Data Stewardship Division
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)
Ph. 303-497-6507

Note:
The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author. They do not
necessarily reflect the official views or policies of the University of
Colorado, NOAA, Department of Commerce, or the US Government.