[thredds] NCSS bug on netCDF4 and limitations on subset across the grid boundary

  • To: THREDDS community <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [thredds] NCSS bug on netCDF4 and limitations on subset across the grid boundary
  • From: Jolibois Tony <tjolibois@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 12:59:07 +0000
Dear Thredds community,
I was wondering when 2 issues will be solved, and if it is or will be solved in
which version of TDS.

Many users here in Europe are impacted (CMEMS community), as well as Hycom
users apparently.

-          The capacity of NCSS to manage subset across the grid boundary

-          A bug on netCDF 4 output writing :
https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/issues/330
Is the TDS 5.0 the good one ? If yes, is this version considered as a stable
version ?
Thanks,
Tony

-
Tony Jolibois
Product Dissemination Services
Space Oceanography
+33 5 61 39 37 97

[logo_cls_small]
http://www.cls.fr/

________________________________

Ce message et toutes les pi?ces jointes (ci-apr?s le "message") sont ?tablis ?
l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. Si vous
recevez ce message par erreur ou s'il ne vous est pas destin?, merci de le
d?truire ainsi que toute copie de votre syst?me et d'en avertir imm?diatement
l'exp?diteur. Toute lecture non autoris?e, toute utilisation de ce message qui
n'est pas conforme ? sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication,
totale ou partielle, est interdite. L'Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer
l'int?grit? de ce message ?lectronique susceptible d'alt?ration, l'exp?diteur
(et ses filiales) d?cline(nt) toute responsabilit? au titre de ce message dans
l'hypoth?se o? il aurait ?t? modifi? ou falsifi?.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
intended recipient(s) and is confidential. If you receive this message in
error, or are not the intended recipient(s), please delete it and any copies
from your systems and immediately notify the sender. Any unauthorized view, use
that does not comply with its purpose, dissemination or disclosure, either
whole or partial, is prohibited. Since the internet cannot guarantee the
integrity of this message which may not be reliable, the sender (and its
subsidiaries) shall not be liable for the message if modified or falsified.

PNG image

--- Begin Message ---
Indeed, we have this (mostly) working on our 5.0 development branch. We're not
really sure about when we'll release 5.0, but it should be by the end of the
year at the latest.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate)