Re: [thredds] WMS capability in TDS 5

  • To: Richard Signell <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] WMS capability in TDS 5
  • From: Nathan Potter <ndp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:49:06 -0700
Hi Rich,

It looks like the TDS @ thredds-jumbo.unidata.ucar.edu :

http://thredds-jumbo.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/Godiva.html?server=http://thredds-jumbo.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_2p5deg/Best

is borked in the Godiva department:

   http://thredds-jumbo.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/Godiva.html

Which may well be a configuration or deployment issue at that site. However,
the WMS component works: I have an ncWMS2 instance (with Godiva3) running in
AWS, and that Godiva3 works fine when passed the WMS URL from the TDS:

http://52.22.81.235:8080/ncWMS2/Godiva3.html?server=http://thredds-jumbo.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_2p5deg/Best

Hope that sheds some light on it…

Nathan