Re: [thredds] Constraint expression when choice of longitudinal extent spans prime meridian

  • To: "ashwinD12 ." <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Constraint expression when choice of longitudinal extent spans prime meridian
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:56:10 -0600
Greetings Ashwin,

In many cases, yes, but it is not always going to be located at the prime
meridian. The actual issue is querying data that crosses the edges of a
data array for global grids. Since OPeNDAP is array index based, you must
make two calls.

In the next major version of the netCDF-Java library (version 5), you can
do this in one call using the new Coverage API. Note that this can be used
when accessing data from any DAP enabled server (that is, this is not
limited to accessing data from a TDS running the next major version).

Cheers,

Sean