Re: [thredds] TDS as a big data platform

  • To: Guan Wang <gwang@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] TDS as a big data platform
  • From: Antonio S. Cofiño <cofinoa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:51:17 +0100
The current configuration, is based on very old hardware (2010) and features:

 * Web frontend is Apache httpd 2.2 (reverse proxy+SSL): Virtual server
 * web backend balanced based on mod_jk (AJP)+Apache httpd 2.2: Virtual
   server
 * Tomcat 7 workers (TDS deployment):
     o   CPU: 2 Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5620  (4 Cores, 12M Cache, 2.40 GHz,
       5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI);
     o RAM: 16GB; OS: CentOS6
     o Storage Area Network: Infiniband DDR (20Gb/s)
 * Storage server (2010):
     o CPU: 2x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5520 (8M Cache, 2.26 GHz, 5.86
       GT/s Intel® QPI)
     o RAM: 24 GB RAM
     o Hard Disk: 190 HDD (2TB and 3TB drives) (SATA 6GB/s)
     o HBA: 4xLSI 9200-8e SAS HBA
     o Network: 10G Ethernet+Infiniband DDR (20Gb/s)
     o OS: OpenIndiana  oi_151a6
     o Filesystem: ZFS (raidz2 vdevs 10+2)
     o RAW Storage pool: 402TB

Please let me know if you want more details.

Antonio