[thredds] TDS as a big data platform

Hi,

I am in a project where bunch of EO data researchers will use some data access
services for an attempt to create new data products out of the wealth of the
data pool.  The data will be EO data (coverage data) in netCDF, some GBytes per
data granule, and will amount to over 120TB, 0.3 million data files in total (1
year worth of collection).

I feel TDS or Hyrax can be a good candidate for this platform, but would like
to hear your advice before further estimation of work and hardware purchase.  I
very much appreciate your expertise on this.

1) I see some historical threads about how aggregation of large volumes of data
can be problematic.  I will need to consider the aggregation as well, but is
the 100TB+ aggregation possible ? Both technically and performance wise ?

2) Is there any HW restriction for the TDS set up I should have in mind before
preparing the HW ?  Do I need to have a single disk drive (partition) for the
100+TB data management in TDS ?

3) Could you share any success story you know of, about handling large volumes
of data in a TDS ?

4) Any other recommendation or things I need to keep in mind ?

Thank you so much for your support.

Yoshi