Re: [thredds] FMRC Feature Collection for HYCOM Data

  • To: Michael McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] FMRC Feature Collection for HYCOM Data
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:20:02 -0600
Hi Michael,

THREDDS can serve your files as an FMRC, but you'll need to upgrade to
v4.6.1 or higher [1]. We plan to release v4.6.3 this week, so you could
wait for that.

Once that's done, the tricky part is getting the collection spec right.
With your naming convention, something like this would work:

<featureCollection featureType="FMRC" name="HYCOM" path="fmrc/HYCOM">
    <collection name="HYCOM"

spec="/path/to/data/fmrc/hycom_glb_911_#yyyyMMddHH#_t\d+_\w+\.nc$" />
</featureCollection>

That spec should include all of your data files in the collection and
correctly extract the run time from each [2]. Also, FMRCs are smart enough
to collect variables that are spread out over multiple files [3].

Hopefully that'll get you started. You might also find this tutorial [4]
useful as well.

Cheers,
Christian

[1]