Re: [thredds] THREDDS Data Server serving from Amazon S3

        Hi Jeff-

        Of note, Amazon Glacier is meant for infrequently needed data, so a
call-up for data from that source will require something on the order of a 5
hour wait to retrieve to S3.  I think they are developing a near-line storage
solution that is a bit more expensive to compete with Google's new near-line
storage, which provides retrieval times on the order of seconds.

        -Rob