From: MNETO (simepar) [mailto:mneto@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 August 2013 21:30
To: ncwms-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
thredds-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ncwms-users] Convert Kelvin data to Celsius

Folks,

I have a datasetscan to read GFS Model Data. A variable of a this data is
Temperature_surface. The units for Temperature is Kelvin. I would like of show
this data in degrees celsius. How can I configure this convertion through of
the files catalog.xml or wmsConfig.xml?

My current configurations:

in catalog.xml:
  <datasetScan name="gfs" ID="gfs" path="gfs" location="/simepar/gfs">
        <metadata inherited="true">
                <serviceName>simepar</serviceName>
                <authority>simepar.br<http://simepar.br/></authority>
                <dataType>Grid</dataType>
                <dataFormat>GRIB</dataFormat>
                <creator>
                        <name vocabulary="">SIMEPAR > Tecnologia e Informações
Ambientais</name>
                        <contact
url="http://www.simepar.br<http://www.simepar.br/>"
email="http://www.simepar.br/site/internas/conteudo/contato/contato.shtml"; />
                </creator>
                <publisher>
                        <name vocabulary="">SIMEPAR > Tecnologia e Informações
Ambientais</name>
                        <contact
url="http://www.simepar.br<http://www.simepar.br/>"
email="http://www.simepar.br/site/internas/conteudo/contato/contato.shtml"; />
                </publisher>
        </metadata>
        <filter>
                <include wildcard="fh.*_tl.press_gr.0p5deg"/>
        </filter>
        <sort>
                <lexigraphicByName increasing="true"/>
        </sort>
        <addDatasetSize/>
        <!--netcdf
xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
                <variable name="Temperature_surface">
                        <attribute name="units" type="String" value="degreesC"
/>
                </variable>
        </netcdf-->
  </datasetScan>

and in wmsConfig.xml:

       <datasetPath pathSpec="gfs/??/*.0p5deg">
            <pathDefaults>
                <allowFeatureInfo>false</allowFeatureInfo>
                <defaultPaletteName>rainbow</defaultPaletteName>
                <defaultNumColorBands>254</defaultNumColorBands>
            </pathDefaults>

            <variables>
                <variable id="Temperature_surface">
                    <defaultColorScaleRange>10 35</defaultColorScaleRange>
                    <defaultNumColorBands>254</defaultNumColorBands>
                </variable>
            </variables>
        </datasetPath>

Thanks,