[thredds] Index Files Placement

Howdy!

I may have just found an answer to my issue via the "nestedDirectory" option found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/reference/ThreddsConfigXMLFile.html#GribIndexWriting

so the following *may* be moot. However, I'm going to ask anyway since I still may need to know this.

As we look to open up more of our datasets to THREDDS, keeping track of the GRIB index files can get tedious, which is why, I assume, that it is recommended that the index files reside in the same directories as the data files.

We have internal users of our data that can access the directories where our data are stored. To keep from adding any confusion, we would like to try and keep these directories clear of any extraneous files. Is it possible to configure the TDS to write the index files to be hidden (prepended with a '.') or does this take a change in the Java code?

-kevin.

--
Kevin Manross
NCAR/CISL/Data Support Section