Re: [thredds] Catalog Changes on thredds.ucar.edu

Hi Sean-

Is the NAM 20km a defunct dataset? If not, what happens to IDV bundles that use these? A description of why the changes are being made would be useful as well as alternatives.

I would prefer to see these changes announced before the fact rather than after or on a web page that one has to search around for. For example, the recent change from storing 21 days to 15 days impacted my work and I only found out about it after when I tried to display the data. What is the status of the longer term LEAD archive? Will it be upgraded to TDS 4.3 in the near future so I can switch to that for my longer "real-time" archive needs?

Unidata provides a valuable service with the thredds.ucar.edu dataset to the IDV and other communities, so even minor changes have impacts that would be nice to know of before they happen.

Thanks.

Don