Re: [thredds] recheckEvery in nested aggregations

Rich,

No. I tried this with caching disabled "<scour>-1 hours</scour>" when
I first noticed the problem. But this was not helping. So, I set the
AggregationCache in threddsConfig to the following this past Friday,
yet there is still an hourly scan penalty for many of our datasets
(see attachments), which is overloading our systems.

  <AggregationCache>
    <scour>24 hours</scour>
    <maxAge>90 days</maxAge>
  </AggregationCache>

I no longer see the cache triggers in logs/cache.log showing that
files were scrubbed, yet something is still forcing these "static
catalogs" in cache/agg to recheckEvery x=__? value.

Note: the catalogs that I manually specify a "recheckEvery" value
within the aggregation+scan are honoring this and only triggering a
recheck after 2h/6h/12h/etc have passed. All the other datasets that I
do not specify a recheckEvery are by default updating hourly (from the
looks of my nagios checks). Normal response times are ms~sec. When I
see a spike in the response time ~120sec this indicates to me that the
dataset was updating it's cache/agg file - that and the file timestamp
in cache/agg has updated.

/mike