[thredds] Some question relating to Station Feature Collection and grid files

  • To: THREDDS community <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [thredds] Some question relating to Station Feature Collection and grid files
  • From: Kristian Sebastián <ksebastian@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 09:58:07 +0200
Hi all,

We are configuring some feature collection (Station and GRID files) for our
data set through the THREDDS catalog and
I have found some troubles and suggestions:

- When the station feature collection doesn't find any file (because the
"collection spec" is not configure
properly or the directory doesn't really contain files) there isn't any
logging message to point out it.

THREDDS throws the http error when access to the feature collection data
set.

- We have some data set such as our weather
station<http://thredds.socib.es/thredds/dodsC/mooring/weather_station/station_galfi-scb_met005/L1/dep0001_station-galfi_scb-met005_L1_latest.nc.html>
that
have two coordinate system
[[time, LAT, LON, HEIGHT],[time, LAT, LON, HEIGHT_SL]]. I think the
currently version of feature
collection doesn't support more than one coordinate systems, Will it be
supported in next versions?

- The FMRC feature collection has services of opendap and ncISO, but the
Station feature collection

doesn't have those services. I would like to know those services will be
supported in next versions or there are some

limitations to develop them.

- We have aggregated HF-Radar gridded data with the Ncml aggregation
because we haven't achieved to

configure a feature collection. I think the feature collection supports
FMRC, Station, Point and GRIB files,

please correct me if I'm wrong. It would be very useful configure feature
collections of GRID files.

Cheers,
Kristian

--