From: thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ivan Price
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:35 AM
To: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [thredds] ncwms customisation from TDS source..

Hi there,

I would like to bite the bullet and have a shot at building a new vector style
in the ncwms inside TDS capable of presenting magnitude, for example scaling
the currently existing 'stumpvec' style to show wind/current strength etc.

i've downloaded the source from github and can build the WAR, and am now in the
process of finding where the relevant code to modify is.

from what i can see the ncwms component is not built when you build TDS, it
seems the file ncwms-1.0.tds.4.3.20130116.1130.jar is downloaded during the
build process and used directly.

At the risk of asking a very basic question, how do i go about building a new
(compiled) ncwms.jar, compatible with the built TDS WAR file ?

and secondly, i have searched for where the 'new' vector styles are  defined
('fancyvec', 'stumpvec' etc).. but i cannot find them.  I have found the
original vector style drawing code here:
\thredds-master\lib\release\source\ncwms\uk\ac\rdg\resc\ncwms\graphics\ImageProducer.java
but not the new arrow styles.

any help with those two points would be much appreciated,

thanks,

-ivan