[thredds] question regarding the "latest" proxy dataset

I set up a "latest" proxy dataset using:

THREDDS Data Server [Version 4.3.15 - 20121218.1126]

<service name="latest" serviceType="Resolver" base="" />
<datasetScan name="Nowcast - Individual Files"
                       ID="SLRFVM-Nowcast-Files" path="SLRFVM-Nowcast-Files"
                       location="/var/thredds/SLRFVM/nowcast/">
  <metadata inherited="true">
    <serviceName>all</serviceName>
  </metadata>
  <filter>
    <include wildcard="*.nc"/>
  </filter>
  <addProxies>
    <simpleLatest name="latest.xml" top="true" serviceName="latest" />
  </addProxies>
</datasetScan>

Results:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/catalog/SLRFVM-Nowcast-Files/catalog.html

I had hoped that this would produce a static "latest" DAP endpoint that would
allow me to always have access the most recent file in the scan.

Instead, it is just pointing to the most recent dataset:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/catalog/SLRFVM-Nowcast-Files/latest.html?dataset=SLRFVM-Nowcast-Files/201300721.nc

The DAP endpoint changes every time the latest file changes.

Has it always been like this?  Is it possible to change the name of the DAP
endpoint to something static like "latest"?  This would be very useful for
datasets that cannot be put into a FMRC or aggregated on time because of
overlap (UGRID).

Thanks,
Kyle