Re: [thredds] Scan Aggregation vs. Feature Collection

I've finally had time to test this out

New-style featureCollection FMRC:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/catalog/LakeErieSST-FMRC/catalog.html
Old-style joinExisting Agg:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/aoc.html?dataset=LakeErieSST-Agg

The TDS catalog entries: https://gist.github.com/4164765

The NetCDF files are one satellite pass per file.  The time dimension is
unlimited with a length of 1 in the individual files.  The time units are
seconds since epoch (all even seconds).

The joinExisting Agg works as expected just like in 4.2.  All of the services
(including WMS) work.

The featureCollection FMRC doesn't work quite as well, but I do get a valid
dataset.
  * There are rounding issues when converting the original files' "seconds
since 1970-01-01 00:00:00" to the FMRC's "hours since
2012-03-11T08:00:00.000Z".  Data is no longer on even seconds in the FMRC.
Agg: http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/dodsC/LakeErieSST-Agg.ascii?time[0:1:132]
VS. FMRC:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/dodsC/LakeErieSST-FMRC/LakeErieSST-FMRC_best.ncd.ascii?time[0:1:132]
  * The datasets has a "time_run" variable even though there are no "runs".  I
can't remove the "time_run" variable from the resulting dataset using the
protoDataset tag.
  * The "coordinates" attribute of the "sst" variable gets set to "time_run
time lon lat".  I don't want 'time_run' to be part of the coordinates.  I can't
change the attribute using the protoDataset tag.
  * The "File_Access" link takes me to a directory listing that doesn't apply
the regex of the collection.  It lists all of the files in the directory rather
than just the .nc4 files:
http://64.9.200.113:8080/thredds/catalog/LakeErieSST-FMRC/files/catalog.html.
  * The WMS service does not work (it is a known issues with ncWMS and FMRC
datasets... it does not handle the run dimension correctly).

Is a possible solution to create another option in the fmrcConfig's
datasetTypes attribute to remove all concept of  a "run" from the dataset?
This will be useful for gridded files with no overlapping time.   <fmrcConfig
datasetTypes="NoRunsPlzKThnx Files" />

Another solution could be to remove the concept of a "run" from a FMRC dataset
if the calculated time_offset variable is filled with all zeros.

Thoughts?