Re: [thredds] Collection Specification

On Dec 16, 2011, at 3:21 PM, John Caron wrote:

> For the Collection Specification, Im thinking of using this when we start
> using Java 7 (which will be in version 4.4):
>

> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/nio/file/FileSystem.html#getPathMatcher(java.lang.String)
>
> Comments on this decision would be welcome.

Question: Is this part of the aggregation work that you doing that will not use
ncml?

Comment: I really like these kinds of things in Java (e.g., their Date stuff)
but for other languages they can be a pain. One way you can simplify
implementations in other languages is to specify which parts you're actually
going to use. Languages like C++ and Python can do this stuff - there's almost
always a library out there - but it's nice to know how much users will need.

James