Re: [thredds] time dimension name change

On 7/27/2011 9:30 AM, Kyle Shannon wrote:
I have been using thredds on motherlode to download NCEP data. Recently the time dimension names in the NDFD Best time series data set changed. There is no longer time1, which was associated with a variable(I can't remember which one now). Is this normal? Are dimension names generated on the fly? If so, I assume that I have to explicitly check the dimensions. Thanks.

hi kyle:

correct, all the dimensions are created on the fly. when there are multiple time dimensions (as they usually are) the names are just given numbers like time1, time2, etc, You cant count on which variable goes with which dimension - you have to look at the variable and use whatever it is.

john