Re: [thredds] future TDS WCS support for irregular/curvilinear grids?

Hi John,
Thanks for this clarification. I'm referring to curvilinear grids (2d) in
our case at the moment. And yep, again, this would be for GeoTIFFs; for
those geospatial folks (mostly in the GIS community) for whom a NetCDF is
undesirable. Here's an example map from our Google Maps-based viewer that
pulls a tiled image overlay directly from TDS using ncWMS (wave height
forecast over Oahu). If you click on the map, it provides a GeoTIFF URL. I
limit the GeoTIFF link to our regular gridded datasets, but was hoping to
(someday) expand this to the rest of our forecast models (curvilinear):

http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/hioos/map/index.html?b=21.042210,-158.815613,21.906100,-157.134705&t=h&o=bath:2:75:0,sfore:1:ft:d5m0.x5.524t1308196800

Thanks for listening,
John Maurer
Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System (PacIOOS)
University of Hawaii at Manoa