[thredds] future TDS WCS support for irregular/curvilinear grids?

Hi All,
We now use the WCS service through TDS to serve GeoTIFF files to users.
Since it only works for regular grids, I was wondering if TDS could be
enhanced in the future to support irregular/curvilinear grids via WCS?
TDS/ncWMS already handles curvilinear grids via WMS, so I was hoping the
same sort of intervening magic could be applied for TDS' WCS service?
Thoughts?
Thanks for listening!,
John Maurer
Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System (PacIOOS)
University of Hawaii at Manoa